Statistics prove that pre-marriage counseling increases the strength – and length – of marriages (stronger, longer lasting marriages). This is because counseling helps couples move from idealistic “romantic” visions of the future to more “realistic” understandings, and open/honest assessments of expectations and practical issues that are better addressed sooner vs. later.
FBCO offers two pre-marriage options for couples who are not able to receive counseling from the pastor marrying them (choose one – or both!):
- Led by Dr. Mike King, Executive Pastor
- Saturday mornings 9:00-1:00
- Once per quarter
- Several couples in a group setting, depending upon number interested
- Immersion in key pre-marriage topics – with private follow up as desired
2:2 Mentoring (Engaged Couple with Experienced Mentor Couple)
- 5 or 8 one hour sessions, depending on time availability
- “Preparing For Marriage” workbook – from Family Life
- Couples do reading/homework, then meet/discuss with mentor couples
- Relationship building and allows mentor couples to share personal experiences from their own marriages
FBCO also offers Sunday School classes for engaged and newlywed couples.
Contact the church office for more information on these opportunities.